5GROWTH is a 5G PPP Phase 3 project started in June 2019, which deals with the technical and business validation of 5G technologies from the verticals’ points of view, following a field-trial-based approach on vertical sites (TRL 6-7).
Its vision is to empower verticals industries, such as Industry 4.0, Transportation, and Energy with an AI-driven Automated and Sharable 5G End-to-End Solution that will allow these industries to simultaneously achieve their respective key performance targets.
Towards this vision, 5Growth will automate the process for supporting diverse industry verticals through:
- A vertical portal in charge of interfacing verticals with the 5G End-to-End platforms, receiving their service requests and building the respective network slices on top
- Closed-loop automation and Service Level Agreement (SLA) control for vertical services lifecycle management
- AI/ML-driven end-to-end network solutions to jointly optimize Access, Transport, Core and Cloud, Edge and Fog resources, across multiple technologies and domains.
As a result of the ongoing activities, all the code of the 5GROWTH stack is also published as open source and is available in the project Github repository: https://github.com/5growth
They are divided in different blocks:
- 5GROWTH Vertical Slicer
- 5GROWTH Service Orchestrator
- 5GROWTH Resource Layer
- 5GROWTH Monitoring Platform
For such purposes 5GROWTH project bases on the evolution of the 5G-TRANSFORMER platform and the interrelation with 5G-EVE and 5G-VINNI platforms. These repositories, concerning the 5GROWTH platform, can also be found in the project’s GitHub:
- 5G-TRANSFORMER Vertical Slicer
- 5G-TRANSFORMER Service Orchestrator
- 5G-TRANSFORMER Mobile Transport and Computing Platform
- 5G-TRANSFORMER Monitoring Platform
- 5GTANGO Sonata Adapter
- 5G EVE – MSO-LO interface
E.DO is a manipulator created by COMAU S.p.A.. The robot is composed by six joints, the first three for the arm and the lasts for the wrist. Externally, e.DO can be enhanced with user-developed accessories and configurations. Internally, e.DO is ROS-native, open-source control logic gives users complete freedom to create and execute their own programs and applications.
Contribution to networkx graph library
Politecnico di Torino and Universidad Carlos III of Madrid “Okpi” paper (available here) needed to use multigraphs, and the authors enhanced the behaviour of a function retrieving simple paths.
The pull request has been recently merged into networkx master branch: https://github.com/networkx/networkx/pull/3358
- Rest Interface for VPLS application (available here). This extension implements a REST APIs interface for the VPLS app (the one creating the notion of slices in ONOS) that is used for receiving the commands coming from the southbound interface MTP.
- Improvement of rest Interface for VPLS application (available here). This extension implements a REST APIs interface for the VPLS app (the one creating the notion of slices in ONOS) that is used for receiving the commands coming from the southbound interface MTP.
Part of the OSM Community
OSM is one of the MANO platform integrated inside the 5Growth Service Orchestrator to handle the orchestration and lifecycle management of network services in realistic 5G scenarios associated to the innovative use cases proposed by the verticals partners in the previously mentioned fields.
Fixing dependencies in Common, NBI and devops gits of OSM project: